Sunday, February 21, 2010

COS Conference...the aftermath


Last week was my COS Conference. It was really cool. The first thing we did when we arrived was check into our rooms. I stayed with Naima and Cristine. When we were in our room, Naima and I were looking out the window and a dog ran by and she said, "there goes dookie!" That was our dog friend for the next few days.

The first thing we did as part of the conference was all the M22s stood in a circle and our PTO Margaret read us things from a list and if any of us had done something we took a step in the circle and then a step back out after. One of my contributions was if anyone had gotten a mullet since being here, and I of course stepped in myself!

We spent the remainder of our time talking about how to say goodbye to this place, we received instruction on paperwork, and how to (hopefully) re-enter American society.

I wouldn't want a volunteer who hasn't experienced his or her COS Conference to learn all the secrets about the conference so I will spare you all that I learned.

I am now back in Floresti for my last 50ish days, and I have a ton of work to do. I must close out my SPA project, close my bank accounts, start my goodbyes, and figure out some if not all of my post-PC plans.

I can't believe that in just 3 days it will have been 2 years ago since I came here!

Here's to the future.

No comments: