Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Another Post


So things are going really well here in Moldova! I don’t think the newness has worn off yet. I feel like I’m getting a pretty good grasp on the language, although I still don’t really know anything. We went to visit one of the Ag volunteers at his village of Valcinet, and the guy seemed to have a pretty good thing going on. He had several different tasks occupying his time. I hope I can be as good of a volunteer that he seems to be. The day after that, we all went to the city of Soroca, which sits on the border on Ukraine. We got a lot of interesting history of the country, as well as a lot of history about Rroma. We are going to find out our future sites pretty soon, and I hope to get placed in a “so to say” business development center, but honestly I won’t care where I get sent to, because I’m ready to see what I’m capable of in the Peace Corps. Yesterday, me and the fellow Porumbeni volunteers met with our mayor and discussed the problems in our community, so that was really cool, and I also got to go with my dad to a neighboring village and make chicken feed. Tonight, I’m going to a birthday party for one of the volunteers and we’re going to watch arrested development. Yay! More later!

No comments: